Warrawong High School Permaculture Demonstration Garden
Warrawong High School Permaculture Demonstration Site is an outstanding example of Urban Permaculture in action.
The existing garden plan site was a result of a student conceptual designs facilitated through our Participatory Design Process combined with our deep understanding of school based Permaculture gardens.
The thriving Permaculture Demonstration Site is only two and a half years planting age old and is constantly evolving. Currently, it has the following elements:
- 4 season vegetable patch
- South East Asian Food Forest
- South American Food Forest
- Mediterranean Food Forest
- Compass garden
- Biodiversity swale charged from 2000m2 roof surface
- Citrus orchard
- Subtropical fruit & nut tree and bamboo system an example of Sloping Agricultural Land Technology (SALT) inspired from Nepal
- Advance composting system
- Integrated chook and duck systems
- Outdoor kitchen with cob oven
- Permaculture shed/teaching space
- Extensive water harvesting tank system
Our site is excellent for developing practical design skills and cutting edge Permaculture practices for direct application in the field. The garden elements are in constant use and you will be working directly within our existing systems making essential contributions to the garden.
WARRAWONG HIGH SCHOOL PERMACULTURE GARDEN PLAN 2010
SOUTH EAST ASIAN FOOD FOREST SUMMER 2012/13
4 SEASON VEGETABLE PATCH SUMMER 2012/13
SOUTH EAST ASIAN FOOD FOREST JULY 2013
SOUTH EAST ASIAN FOOD FOREST EAST FACING BANK JULY 2013
MEDITERRANEAN FOOD FOREST JULY 2013